(unknown charset) Re: [Patents] Re: Pseudo-Patent-Free Microsoft Standard

Seth, I read in http://www.eet.com july 24, 2000 issue about about how the
movie industry, arguably, one of the bigger superclass citizens (
corporations, NPOs, and quasi governmental non human, non breathing, but
in law, recognized as a person the same as if they were human) has
proposed to precertify consumer electronic products to ensure that these
new products do not allow outsiders to enfringe music copyrights.
    Is this a set of legal shackles for music emperors to incarcerate
human freedoms for the benefit of the music emperor ip estates?

Somehow the Sherrif at Nothingham(FCC division), would certify the
motion picture emperors as keeper of the key and guardian to the gate
through which all new manufactured electronic products would need to pass,
inorder to be ticketed as "market eligible".
    As I inderstand this scheme, a manufactuer would buy a ticket to enter
the gates of the movie industry.  Once on the grounds of the Emperor and
after paying due respects, a technical representative of the emperor would
presumably, for a fee, examine and extract the design information that
comprises the exact nature of the mix of technologies specified by the
designer, as compiled by the manufacturer, and as expressed in the
produced product which has been proposed by the manufactuer to be marketed.
    If the music emperors decides, the product proposed by the manufactuer
would benefit the music industry, the Music Emperors would issue to
the visiting manufactuer a "marketing ticket", a serialized copy of which
is to be placed on each unit of a ticketed product that is sent to market.
     I suppose , bold new products would be denied "marketing tickets"
since the Music emperors would not already have in place suitable
technology copy protection schemes for such products.  Hence, the gating
would impose on the manufacturers the obligation to develop suitable
copyright protection technology, to protect the copyrights of the music
emperor, before the manufactuer could obtain a "marketing ticket" for his
product.
    Apparently the FCC has something to do with this outrageous gating
concept.   The justification for this idea seems to be to avoid exposing
the manufacturer to infringement actions. In other words, the music
emperors just wait for a product to hit the market, as soon as it is
apparent that the product can be used by users in ways that the music
emperors do not like, they file infringement suits against the
manufactuers of the products, not the users who are doing the
infringements.  In my opinion, this is not unlike the Capone saga: the
master superclass (non human people) have taken control of the government,
the law, and the market.

What bothers me the most is that we the members of the humanclass have
been reduced to slave to serve the superclass. We have been ordered
by our slave masters, the government(who work for the superclass), to be a
good customer to our masters for the duration of our human lives,
superclass do not die.

Humanclass members will be punished for failing to be a good customer.
The punishment will be to be whipped with one or more of the rules which
constitute ip laws and after the whipping to be imprisoned for 10 years
for each copyright infringement technology(DMCA) which we humanclass
slaves are smart enough to invent.  superclass cannot even go the
bathroom, but they are our owners?

sterling