Re: P3P validator accept it, but by checking the website it don't exist

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 10:16:51AM -0500, Marc Antonsen wrote:
> I make the necesary files with the IBM software, load them up to the
> preference directory (w3c) and make a test with the P3P valdator.
> This give me an entire right test without any errors. It is full OK...

The 'full' is the issue. IE6 reacts on compact policies that are
transported in the headers of the http-get response. So you would have
to configure your web-server accordingly. See the p3p-deployment guide
for more info how to do that:
http://www.w3.org/TR/p3pdeployment

You can see from the output of the validator whether it actually finds
the compact policy. Remember that the compact format is optional and
only implemented in IE.

Best,
--
Rigo Wenning            W3C/INRIA
Policy Analyst          Privacy Activity Lead