From: "F.J. Gruber V" <fgruber5@hotmail.com>
To: <p3p-comments@w3.org>
Cc: <www-p3p-public-comments@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 6:16 PM
Subject: [p3p-comments] <none>

Hi,

I am looking for ideas/ways to solve a particular problem with my current
p3p setup. I am currently using a compact-policy in an HTTP header, however,
I have received a request to change that. The request, calls for, instead of
passing the actual policy in the HTTP header, just telling the users to
click a link on the page to read the particular policy, because the policy
can be page specific. So I guess what I am asking is, is it possible to
allow the policy passed in the header to just tell the user to look at the
link on the page if they want to know the policy. Is that p3p compliant?
Basically can that be done and be p3p compliant using current tools
available? Any ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Thank you,

Frank