Fw: SOME QUESTIONS

----- Original Message -----
From: hattanda@persona.flj.ne.jp
To: koike@w3.org
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 12:41 PM
Subject: SOME QUESTIONS

  This is Tomo H. just visited your site.  I just think your site is very
meaningful for Kids who are
interested in Internet.  Now, I have some question about your policy related
to COPPA.  Please
check below and answer carefully.  Thanks for reading this.

1) At many kids sites and communities, there are service that kids can make
new E-mail account and
then kids can E-mail to kids who are also member of these sites or even to
everyone on net.  What
do you think about this related to COPPA, ONLINE CONTACT INFORMATION?

2) Also at many kids sites, they CAN use members' cookies as of non-PERSONAL
INFORMATION but
now how can cookies be PERSONAL INFROMATION?  I mean what part of cookies
can be PERSONAL
INFORMATION?

3) Member kids usually make their member name at sites.  Are they actually,
PERSONAL INFORMATION?

4) COPPA requires sites and communities to show up all of operators' names
and addresses.  But, usually,
sites show up only one name such as CEO or manager, you know.  Do you think
this is complying with
COPPA or not enough?

Tomo H.