Re: Exclude header

At 05:11 PM 4/12/00 -0400, Lorrie Cranor wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Lorrie.

>It is important to note that a policy does not automatically apply
>to embedded content (inline graphics, frames, etc.).

I admit that I hadn't understood that from my reading of earlier versions
of the protocol. So let me frame another question:
   - "Policy" refers to the current document (i.e. the returned .html)
   - "Prefix" and "exclude" refer to documents on directories *on that same
server*

   - therefore, "Policy" cannot apply to outside resources such as banner
ads and their cookies.

So, if all of that is right (and correct me if it isn't), then my question
is, can the banner ad/cookie mechanism include a P3P header and policy?

Karen Coyle
http://www.kcoyle.net