P3P header not included in response header using java servlets

From: Ronald Bruins <ronald_bruins@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:16:57 +0100
To: www-p3p-policy@w3.org

Hi,

We are using Iplanet v4.1 as our web-server and it seems that the P3P header
is not added to the response headers when requesting information using a
java servlet. This is checked using the P3P validator.The P3P header is
added to the response headers when requesting through a HTML file. According
to documentation on the net using a SAF should be enough to include a P3P
header to every response. For this we also changed the obj.conf file. In
this file we added the following two lines:
Init fn="load-modules" shlib="/path-name/res_header.so" funcs="res_header"
Service fn="res_header" name="P3P" value=" POLICYREF=\"/w3c/p3p.xml\"
CP=\"NON DSP COR CURa ADMi DEVi OUR IND ONL UNI COM NAV\""
The Service directive is added to the default object.
I have the feeling that it has to do with an iPlanet configuration setting,
but haven't been able to find information regarding this isue. Is there
anyone who encountered the same problem or can anyone help me?

best regards,

Ronald Bruins