Re: FW: iCard GB: P3P Compact Policy

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 07:24:30AM -0500, Schutzer, Daniel wrote:
> Can anyone offer any help. We are getting syntex error on compact policy
> validation for our iCard website. The error is
> 	Step 2-1: Compact Policy Validation
> 	Compact Policy has syntax errors or warnings.
> 		Error: PREi:option [i] is not permitted.

PRE stands for the Preferences-Category. Categories represent data-items
collected. P3P allows for opt-in/opt-out of purposes and data-elements,
but NOT for data-categories as they are summarizing data collections

> 	   Error: UNIo:option [o] is not permitted.

This is the same as above.

So in a full policy, you can express that, but not in the compact
format. In the full policy you have to specify the exact data-items
subject to 'optional'. See
http://www.w3.org/TR/P3P/#Categories
and
http://www.w3.org/TR/P3P/#DATA

So your first guess was right.. Hope that helps

Best,
--
Rigo Wenning            W3C/ERCIM
Policy Analyst          Privacy Activity Lead