Re: Non linked 3rd party cookie acceptance

The compact policy that is generated by IBM's editor will erroneously
include multiple elements with conflicting meanings because it it
creates a policy that is generated from all of your groups.

The process I follow is to first create my cookie policy and export the
cp. Then I create my policy for the other areas of my site and combine
them into a single policy file. This gets by the bug in the IBM editor.
 From my readings, the cp is only related to cookies so the fact that it
doesn't take in consideration other elements is fine.

Also if some of your cookies have different policies, The most
"offensive" cookie policy must be sent as the header for a given page. I
don't think there is anything that prevents you from having multiple
policies for different cookies. The only technical drawback is you will
not be able to use a sitewide header for your p3p and will have to
resort to using a page by page solution since you can't send 2+ p3p
headers.

The cp is also optional but required because of IE's implementation if
it processed the cookies properly from the xml then it wouldn't be
necessary to do all of this hoop-jumping.

     Walter Deane
     Web Programmer
Email walter.deane@iconmedialab.com.au
Telephone +61 2 9968 3933