Re: user voice data

Thanks for your help martin.

a voice prompt would be used to say to someone else, as in a voicemail
system, "You have a message from" <your recording of your name>.

Maybe this is a <preference>, since the user chooses it,
but since this is actually a record of a user saying something,
conceivably
it conceivably could be used to counterfeit who a message is from.
maybe this should just be another custom category.

What if the voice data is used for authentication, proving that you are
who
you say you are?

This is part of a general category of identifying information, like
voice samples,
finger prints, retinal scans, dna information, visual scans, faceprints
..

Is this type of thing considered PII?

Rick

Martin Presler-Marshall wrote:

>      Rick asked:
> > I have questions about privacy issues in a voice portal,
> > for which users can record voice prompts via the phone, and
> > input some personal demographic category data via a web site.
>
> > 1) Categorizing voice info --
> > How would people suggest that we deal with stuff like
> > prompts that are recorded by users?  Does this fall under the
> > content category?
>      It depends on exactly what you're asking the users for, but something
> like the contents of a voice prompt certainly sounds like 'content' data to
> me.

"My Abstract folly hurries me
often away while I am at work, carrying me over Mountains & Valleys,
which are not Real, in a land of
Abstraction where Spectres of the Dead wander."William Blake