Re: embedded include

Note, I'm CCing this to www-p3p-policy, as the questions raised
here are the sorts of things we would like to have discussed on this
list.

I don't know exactly how AvenueA works. If you have contracts
directly with content publishers to put embedded images
in their content to point to ads on your servers, then it would
be appropriate for you to ask those content publishers to post
a P3P policy reference file that uses embedded includes and
points to a privacy policy on the AvenueA web site. You
could also have your own policy reference file in addition to this
(which might be useful if not all your content publishers are
ready to use P3P just yet).

If you are supplying ads to DoubleClick and they are the ones
who actually serve the ads and have the contracts with the
content publishers, then it would be up to DoubleClick to
take care of posting a policy reference file and/or asking content
publishers to use embedded includes. Depending on what your
arrangement is with DoubleClick, whose privacy policy would
be in effect here might vary. I could imagine scenarios where
the appropriate privacy policy is one belonging to AvenueA,
DoubleClick, or the content publisher.

Lorrie