P3P testbed now available

----- Forwarded message from Patrick Feng <feng@w3.org> -----

Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:27:42 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-p3p-interop@w3.org
From: Patrick Feng <feng@w3.org>
Cc: w3c-p3p-powg@w3.org, w3c-p3p-specification@w3.org
Subject: [Moderator Action] P3P testbed now available

The P3P testbed is now available for use at http://p3ptestbed-1.w3.org/

The testbed includes five different sections, each with their own privacy
policy.  Each policy has been converted into P3P syntax.  You can view both
a human readable description and the actual XML policy files from the testbed.

The testbed currently uses only one mechanism for referencing P3P policies,
namely the policy reference file.  While this is perfectly acceptable --
the P3P specification does not require multiple referencing mechanisms --
we hope to update the testbed this weekend so that some of the policies are
referenced using HTTP link tags or the HTTP extension framework.  This way,
user agents can be tested as to whether they correctly understand all
possible referencing mechanisms allowed for in the spec.

We realize some pages are still missing text boxes and other graphics --
the graphics/layout of the testbed will be updated over the next few days.

Please send comments and bug reports to feng@w3.org, with a cc: to
mpresler@us.ibm.com

Many thanks,

Patrick
--
Patrick Feng						Tel: (617) 253-2442
World Wide Web Consortium/MIT				Fax: (617) 258-5999

----- End forwarded message -----