W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-multimodal@w3.org > November 2016

[all] MMI minutes November 28, 2016

From: Deborah Dahl <dahl@conversational-technologies.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 10:11:42 -0500
To: <www-multimodal@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-mmi-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <09f301d24989$ba60f7f0$2f22e7d0$@conversational-technologies.com>
https://www.w3.org/2016/11/28-multimodal-minutes.html

and below as text.

 

   [1]W3C

 

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

 

                               - DRAFT -

 

                                 MMI WG

 

28 Nov 2016

 

   [2]Agenda

 

      [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-mmi-wg/2016Nov/0014.html

 

   See also: [3]IRC log

 

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/28-multimodal-irc

 

Attendees

 

   Present

          Debbie, Dirk, Kaz

 

   Regrets

          Helena

 

   Chair

          Debbie

 

   Scribe

          kaz

 

Contents

 

     * [4]Topics

         1. [5]Actions

         2. [6]New Charter

         3. [7]Use Cases

     * [8]Summary of Action Items

     * [9]Summary of Resolutions

     __________________________________________________________

 

Actions

 

   -> [10]https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/open

   actions

 

     [10] https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/open

 

   action-454?

 

   <trackbot> action-454 -- Deborah Dahl to Turn bullet list into

   text -- due 2016-09-05 -- OPEN

 

   <trackbot>

   [11]https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/454

 

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/454

 

   ddahl: not yet

 

   action-457?

 

   <trackbot> action-457 -- Kazuyuki Ashimura to Make a

   strawman/template diagram for relationships between entities in

   a use case -- due 2016-10-10 -- OPEN

 

   <trackbot>

   [12]https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/457

 

     [12] https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/457

 

   kaz: not yet

 

   action-458?

 

   <trackbot> action-458 -- B Helena RODRIGUEZ to Send wot person

   our vocabulary to get his comments and then we can reconcile

   our work with their work -- due 2016-10-24 -- OPEN

 

   <trackbot>

   [13]https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/458

 

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/458

 

   ddahl: helena's action

 

   kaz: not sure

   ... but can talk with Sebastian if needed

 

   ddahl: let's wait for Helena

 

   action-461?

 

   <trackbot> action-461 -- Kazuyuki Ashimura to Talk with plh

   about the change of the title for the discovery wd -- due

   2016-11-21 -- OPEN

 

   <trackbot>

   [14]https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/461

 

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/461

 

   kaz: talked with PLH

   ... we can publish an updated draft with some updated title

 

   ddahl: good

 

   action-461 close

 

   d

 

   <trackbot> Closed action-461.

 

   action-462?

 

   <trackbot> action-462 -- B Helena RODRIGUEZ to Put software in

   github -- due 2016-11-28 -- OPEN

 

   <trackbot>

   [15]https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/462

 

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/462

 

   ddahl: Helena's action

 

   -> [16]https://github.com/w3c/mmi-discovery MMI Discovery

 

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/mmi-discovery

 

   (skimming the repo)

 

   kaz: maybe not yet done

 

   ddahl: will talk with her next time

 

   action-463?

 

   <trackbot> action-463 -- Kazuyuki Ashimura to Talk with

   johannes about a good time for an mmi/wot call, possibly during

   scripting time slot -- due 2016-11-28 -- OPEN

 

   <trackbot>

   [17]https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/463

 

     [17] https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/463

 

   kaz: got response from Johannes, and suggested we talk about

   MMI next Monday

 

   ddahl: same time?

 

   dirk: won't be around next Monday

 

   kaz: Dec. 12 would be better

 

   ddahl: ok

 

   kaz: will talk with Johannes again

   ... let's keep this action item 463 open

 

   ddahl: what to prepare?

 

   kaz: given the current discussion, we should explain the event

   handling mechanism (=lifecycle events)

   ... also data format and IM's SCXML capability

 

   ddahl: we should explain your diagram as well

 

   kaz: yes

   ... fyi, I'm suggesting they should think about updated new use

   cases and compile a use case document rather than talking about

   various possible use cases one by one

 

   ddahl: do you the link to the use case document?

 

   -> [18]http://w3c.github.io/wot/wot-ucr.html WoT use case

   document

 

     [18] http://w3c.github.io/wot/wot-ucr.html

 

   kaz: think the WoT group should update this

 

   -> [19]https://www.w3.org/2016/11/28-wot-minutes.html WoT

   Scripting minutes today

 

     [19] https://www.w3.org/2016/11/28-wot-minutes.html

 

   ddahl: might be interesting to read the WoT use case document

   ... maybe next week

   ... joint discussion on Dec. 12 would be good

 

   action-464?

 

   <trackbot> action-464 -- Kazuyuki Ashimura to Write more about

   uc-7 -- due 2016-11-28 -- OPEN

 

   <trackbot>

   [20]https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/464

 

     [20] https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/464

 

   kaz: not yet done

 

   ddahl: smart appliance use case

 

   kaz: yes

 

New Charter

 

   kaz: sorry but not yet done

   ... will copy the update template to our GitHub repo

   ... can copy the current content as the starting point

 

   ddahl: the target scope of the next period should be much

   simpler

 

   kaz: wondering about the possible maintenance work from the

   VBWG

   ... maybe we could use the new CG for that purpose, though

 

   ddahl: possible topics include SCXML, PLS, etc.

  ... could we say something needs normative changes for VB

   specs?

   ... maybe good to leave it in the CG due to the IP viewpoint?

 

   kaz: yeah

   ... we don't need a WG for maintenance unless we really need to

   republish VB specs

 

   ddahl: we can continue to update the errata

 

   kaz: if there is enough interest by the Members, we could

   create an WG for SCXML for example

 

   ddahl: might be good to leave it for the CG for a while

 

Use Cases

 

   ddahl: discussion for today?

   ... interested in taking some more use cases?

 

   dirk: smart home might be interesting

 

   ddahl: you mean smart appliance?

   ... maybe we could extend that as a smart home

   ... we should put some concrete text based on Dirk's paper

 

   kaz: was planning to merge uc-7 and uc-18

   ... if it's OK by you, I can merge them shortly and you can add

   your update to that merged uc

 

   dirk: ok

 

   -> [21]https://w3c.github.io/mmi/usecases/Overview.html use

   case document

 

     [21] https://w3c.github.io/mmi/usecases/Overview.html

 

   ->

   [22]https://w3c.github.io/mmi/usecases/Overview.html#UC-7:_Mult

   imodal_Appliances UC-7

 

     [22]
https://w3c.github.io/mmi/usecases/Overview.html#UC-7:_Multimodal_Appliances

 

   ->

   [23]https://w3c.github.io/mmi/usecases/Overview.html#UC-18_smar

   t_remote_for_appliances UC-18

 

     [23]
https://w3c.github.io/mmi/usecases/Overview.html#UC-18_smart_remote_for_appl
iances

 

   <scribe> ACTION: kaz to merge uc-7 and uc-18 [recorded in

   [24]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/28-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   01]

 

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/28-multimodal-minutes.html#action01]

 

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-465 - Merge uc-7 and uc-18 [on

   Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2016-12-05].

 

   kaz: also I think I was expected to restructure the sections

   ... to make a priority use cases and others

   ... will do that as well

 

   <scribe> ACTION: kaz to restructure the uc document with

   priority ones vs others [recorded in

   [25]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/28-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   02]

 

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/28-multimodal-minutes.html#action02]

 

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-466 - Restructure the uc document

   with priority ones vs others [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due

   2016-12-05].

 

   ddahl: also we need to add uc-23 to the Table of Contents

 

   kaz: right

 

   <scribe> ACTION: kaz to add uc-23 to the toc [recorded in

   [26]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/28-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   03]

 

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/28-multimodal-minutes.html#action03]

 

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-467 - Add uc-23 to the toc [on

   Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2016-12-05].

 

   ddahl: anything else for today?

 

   dirk: have just sent my initial review of the discovery draft

 

   ->

   [27]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-multimodal/2016Nov

   /0003.html Dirk's review

 

     [27]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-multimodal/2016Nov/0003.html

 

   ddahl: great

   ... we should discuss next time

 

   dirk: not next week but the week after

   ... including some terminology as well

 

   [ adjourned ]

 

Summary of Action Items

 

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to add uc-23 to the toc [recorded in

   [28]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/28-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   03]

  [NEW] ACTION: kaz to merge uc-7 and uc-18 [recorded in

   [29]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/28-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   01]

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to restructure the uc document with priority

   ones vs others [recorded in

   [30]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/28-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   02]

 

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/28-multimodal-minutes.html#action03

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/28-multimodal-minutes.html#action01

     [30] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/28-multimodal-minutes.html#action02

 

Summary of Resolutions

 

   [End of minutes]

     __________________________________________________________

 
Received on Monday, 28 November 2016 15:12:19 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 28 November 2016 15:12:19 UTC