Re: [emo] Response to your comment on the W3C EmotionML LCWD (ISSUE-175)

From: Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 23:25:36 +1000
Cc: www-multimodal@w3.org, w3c-mmi-wg <w3c-mmi-wg@w3.org>
To: Marc Schroeder <marc.schroeder@dfki.de>

On 1 Jun 2011, at 16:49, Marc Schroeder wrote:

> - within-document definition of a vocabulary;

I would look at SKOS Concept Schemes [1]
(note, you don't have to use all of SKOS, just the bits that work for you...)

> - structure encouraging use of a vocabulary only for the intended purpose;

Typing. Each SKOS Concept Scheme can be typed (eg as a Category vocab, or as a Dimension vocab etc...)

> - automatic verifiability whether a term is within the identified vocabulary;

Easy with SKOS - all the terms are right there...

> - as little added complexity as possible.

We all wish for this....;-)

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity