Re: How to get off this mailing list

Philipp and others on w3.org

There seems to be someone/something that feels that I should be a joiner.

In the past week, I have been automatically subscribed to your group and
another.  This is without my permission or knowledge.

Whenever I get SPAMMED, I routinely respond to whomever sends me a
non-solicited message to stop.  This message goes to the sender only.

Unfortunately, in both cases,  I was unaware that the message automatically
goes out to everyone despite my intention, so I accidently bounce the SPAM
back.  This of course then gets me deluged by irate members of the lists.
On the other list, I received over 50 messages, 95% which were dripping
with venom.  Your members have been more restrained; for that, thank you.

At first I did not know that I had been subscribed.

As to not knowing how your mailing list works, that is true, and is of no
concern of mine, especially since I didn't ask to join.

I will continue to defend my right to be left alone.

To your list owner, please carefully vet new subscribers.

I will now try to unsubscribe so that both you and I can happily do what we
want, unmolested.

Chris Young