Re: Announcement: Multicast WWW (MCWWW) BOF at Memphis IETF

> > From peppar@cdt.luth.se Thu Apr  3 17:59:55 1997
> >
> > In mWeb I have solved this by letting the local mcast receiver relay the
> > info to the browser to a local web/server (built into the mWeb application).
> > This works well if the "codebase" is relative to the web-page and not absolute.
>
> Please, let me know why "codebase" is relative and not absolute?
> Is it a java problem? What is your analyze?

Yes, it is a Java-applet-security problem. An applet can only load classes
from the same server that the HTML-page that contained the applet was loaded
from.

In mWeb I fake all requests through a local HTTP-server that requests the
missing class-files using multicasting (if not already available localy
ofcourse) and hands back that information to the local browser. One mWeb
application is run localy at each receiver.

/P

Ps. Sorry for the long delay in answering. Ds.

/P