Re: Announcement: Multicast WWW (MCWWW) BOF at Memphis IETF

> From J.Crowcroft@cs.ucl.ac.uk Thu Apr  3 12:41:41 1997
>
>  >I try to multicast Java Applet. But there is a problem because of java
>  >langage class structure.

To be more precise : i push idea on a volatile paper.

> there are two seperate problems
>
> data and code

Just now, i wish to focus on code.

> for (java) code dissemination:
> you need a reliable multicast protocol - this is the subject of the
> new research group of the IRTF which was announced at the last
> IETF....

Please let me know a pointer.

> for the depending classes, you need a way of naming the classes and
> their location i na distributed fashion - the class hierarchy is part
> of the solution - you then need a name serveice that maps a piece of
> the class hierarchy onto a code repository tree (with a possible
> second service mapping the code location onto an appropriate cache
> server that hold copies....).......very interesting......afs had some
> of the pieces of the solution.......

Thanks for your suggest. I am unlock... until next step ;-)

Just now, i think if somebody find how is the query packet from the receiver
side for the depending classes, he will be near to have a solution for
more global problem in multicasting WWW ?

Gilles