Fw: [Moderator Action] WMLspec ? And about XHTML and cHTML

Forwarded by Kazuhiro Kitagawa <kaz@w3.org>
 From:    "Nicolas Combelles" <nicolas.combelles@apocope.com>
 To:      <www-mobile@w3.org>
 Date:    Thu, 2 Jan 2003 10:42:17 -0500 (EST)
 Subject: [Moderator Action] WMLspec ? And about XHTML  and cHTML
----

I can't find any WML specs, isn't it standardised ??

Isn't it finished yet ?

Also I heard about CSS support on WAP2 anyone docs about that ?

The whole pb is .. i-mode (NTT Docomo) use cHTML which is non-standard.

But using common HTML it makes the mobile web easy to build.

WAP2 supports XHTML .. and it seems i-mode understand it as it is nearly the
same as cHTML.

I tried to make a compatible page.. it works but I just used a plain div ...
need deeper tests.

Where is the W3C going with this ? WML ? XHTML2 ?

Have a happy new year !

-kaz
--
Kazuhiro Kitagawa <kaz@w3.org>