RE: CC/PP and UAProf implementation experiences

Hi Janne

This is very interesting! As you may know, the CC/PP Working Group is
currently looking for implementations of CC/PP. The problem with this is it
isn't quite clear what constitutes an implementation of CC/PP: for example
can we regard an RDF parser as an implementation of CC/PP? Or to put it
another way, what does a CC/PP implementation need to do that an RDF parser
does not do?

Partly in order to answer this question, and partly for JSR-188,
http://www.jcp.org/jsr/detail/188.jsp, I've been working with Andreas Schade
and Reto Hermann at IBM Zurich to produce a feature list that reflects our
implementations: UCP, the IBM Research implementation of UAProf and CC/PP,
and DELI (http://delicon.sourceforge.net), the HP Labs implementation of
UAProf and CC/PP. It would be very helpful if you could take this feature
list and indicate exactly which features your implementation supports? This
will be helpful to the CC/PP Working Group as part of the move to candidate
rec / process of candidate recommendation. If any of the features I have
described are unclear, please let me know and I will try to clarify.

If anyone else on this email list has a CC/PP or UAProf implementation, it
would be very useful if they could do the same? Once you've done this,
please return it to me and I will collate the responses.

thanks in advance, best regards

Mark H. Butler, PhD
Research Scientist                HP Labs Bristol
mark-h_butler@hp.com