Re: Proposal: Values for UAProf properties

Hi Nick,

nick.denny@mci.co.uk schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> I have some comments on these proposed values:

No, in UAProf 20011020-a it is a bag.

> [snip]
>
> > WapVersion:
> > * 1.1
> > * 1.2
> > * 1.2.1
> > * 2.0
>
> "1.2" will never be used. At least one current profile uses "1.2.1/June
> 2000".

Yes, but why adding 'June 2000'?

> > WtaiLibraries:
> > * WTAPublic
> > * WTAVoiceCall
> > * WTANetText
> > * WTAPhoneBook
> > * WTACallLog
> > * WTAMisc
> > * WTAGSM
> > * WTAANSI136
> > * WTAPDC
> > * WTAIS95
>
> As WTAI is not compulsory, there aren't many (if any) that support WTAI
> fully

That's why you can specify the supported libraries.

 - I suggest that the most important things to include would be the
> ability to make Calls, Send DTMF tones and Add entries to the Phone
> book. I therefore suggest a format such as:
>
> WTA.Public.makeCall
> WTA.Public.sendDTMF
> WTA.Public.addPhonebook

Adding the functions might be ok. But why 'WTA.Public' instead of
'WTAPublic' as it's called in the WTAI spec?

> > Unfortunately, the more recent WMLScript and WTA specs don't have
> > version numbers. So it's not clear what e.g.
> > <prf:WmlScriptVersion>1.2</prf:WmlScriptVersion>
> > stands for.
>
> There is a mention in the WAP 1.2.1 WmlScript Spec that the version is
> 1.1 - it hasn't changed since WAP 1.1.

In WAP 1.1 WMLScript spec is '04 Nov 1999', in WAP 1.2.1 it is '25 Oct
2000'.
Do you mean:
9.3 Bytecode Header
VersionNumber