From: Stan@rga.com [mailto:Stan@rga.com]
Sent: 09 June 2002 03:01
To: dhananjay.v.keskar@intel.com
Cc: www-mobile@w3.org; Tayeb.Lemlouma@inrialpes.fr
Subject: RE: HTTP request simulator

Hello,

thanks very much for the feeback. I rarely use Pocket PC yet, I use the
Zaurus PDA the most right now.

I wrote a little tool myself which is not using CC/PP, for me that is
still
far too complicated for that task. I have XML files which specifies user
agent, accept and a set of properties such as UA-pixels and so on.

My simple program takes such an XML file and a URL and makes the request
with the added values from the XML file. Purpose is right now merely
quality
assurance to see wether certain parameters are picked up and used by the
application. So I don't need to use all kinds of emulators all the time
if I
only want to make sure that all possible softbuttons are used, that all
availavle width and colors are used, .... I plan to put in a web site so
that quick tests for a given device and URL are straightforward.

Best,
Stan