Re: WAP and its competitors

There are some features in the WML User Agent and in the WML markup
that are not covered by XHTML. e.g. variable substitution and navigational
stack side effects of browsing and WML specific event handling. There
are other W3C technologies that could come to bear on some of those
WAP specific features, but they are not currently part of that infrastructure.
e.g. object model, style mechanism, future forms and future events
should be designed with a "basic subset" in mind for limited devices. $.02