RE: WAP Competitors ?

Java is an execution environment.  WAP is a protocol stack and a
scriptable execution environment.  WAP can easily be used with
Java or any other runtime environment.   I dont see how
Java and WAP are necessarily competitors.

> But Java is proprietary....that means companies using this
> technology will have to pay royalty.

WAP also has some intellectual property constraints that
you may need to license, depending on what you are doing
with it.  You should see the WAP forum for more information.