Re: [Moderator Action] Current Status

Justin,

Status of the Common Markup for Micropayment Per-fee-links is a Last
Call Working Draft.
http://www.w3.org/TR/Micropayment-Markup/
(see W3C process document for more details of Last Call definition,
available at
 http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process/Process-19991111/tr.html#last-call
)

So far there is one current implementation done by  IBM Micro Payments
available at
http://www.hrl.il.ibm.com/mpay/

Current Common Markup for Micropayment Per-fee-links specification
status is

The Micropayment Markup Working Group (W3C Members only), with this 1999
August 25th Final Public Working Draft, invites comment on our
specification for
       "Common Markup for Micropayment per-fee-links".
       This Working Group is part of the Micropayment task within the
ECommerce Activity.

       The W3C Membership and other interested parties are invited to
review this public specification and report implementation experience.
Please send comments to the
       publicly archived list www-micropay-comments@w3.org (archive).

       This specification is in last call, comments from the Team and
the Working Groups  are requested before 30th September 1999.
       However this final Public Working Draft will be held at this
stage to await significant implementation experience, allow possibly
related work in other Micropayment WGs
       to progress further, and collect comments on the public mailing
list.
       The amount of implementation received by 2000 March 31th on the
mailing list will determine if this draft  will be submitted for
Proposed Recommendation is to occur. In
       that case, comments will be considered for a new Proposed
Recommendation version that will follow very soon after.

       While we welcome implementation experience reports, the
Micropayment Markup Working Group will not allow early implementation to
constrain its ability to make
       changes to this specification prior to final release .

       This Working  Draft may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by
other documents at any time. It is inappropriate to use W3C Working
Drafts as reference material or to
       cite them as other than "work in progress".

Justin O'Sullivan a écrit :

> I've just read about the Common Markup for Micropayment Per-fee-links. Could
> someone please
> outline the current status? Has anyone undertaken the task of implementing
> this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Justin.

> >                       JUSTIN O'SULLIVAN
> >                       E-COMMERCE ARCHITECT
> >                       * <mailto:justin.osullivan@gbst.com>
> >                       Global Banking & Securities Transactions
> >                       5 CRIBB ST, MILTON QLD 4064
> >                       P.O.BOX 1511, MILTON QLD 4064
> >                       * 617 3331 5555 FAX 617 3367 0181
> >                       http://www.gbst.com/
> >                               GBST is a trademark of Star Systems Pty Ltd

Thierry MICHEL                        	tmichel@w3.org
W3C / INRIA 				+33 (0) 4 92 38 79 87
2004, Route des Lucioles
BP 93