Re: comments re draft version 2.0

There is no such thing as TeX syntax for Content, except in so far as
TeX-the-programming-language could masochistically be used to express it
(shudder). TeX-the-markup-language is a Presentation representation.
TeX to Presentation translation is a solved problem (e.g. TtM).

TeX to Content translation, I submit, is an exercise in futility, for the
simple reason that there is no unique translation from Presentation to
Content. The semantics aren't defined.

	Ian Hutchinson,