Re: What are your plans for MathML macros?

The expectations are that MathML will for the most part be written by tools
that will look something like the current Scientific Word or MathType.  The
most natural design for these tools is to parse the MathML and to change the
tree as the user makes changes.  Any macro information will likely be lost
when the resulting tree is written out as MathML.  Macros are essentially
incompatible with these tools.

--Barry MacKichan
President, MacKichan Software, Inc.
http://www.mackichan.com