What are your plans for MathML macros?

I noticed that in the specifications for MathML, there were plans to
implement macros in order to allow hand-coding of MathML to be much
easier. Do you plan to have the macros for MathML only be XML-type
tags, or do you plan to allow the user to be able to do something like
let  "[" and "]" stand for the <apply> and </apply> tags or let "+"
stand for <plus/>, etc. I know this would break the XML rules, but I
think it might be a good idea to only require the low-level MathML
tags to be XML-compliant, and let the macro implementation allow for
notations similar to TeX or EzMath.

==

----I am a fool for Christ. Mostly I am a fool.----