Re: top level tags

Hi.

Neil Soiffer wrote:

> Since probably most people
> working on renderers are on this list, it would be useful if they could
> post what is required (or recommended) to write out in order to invoke
> their renderer.

He then gave a WebEQ example, but I can elaborate on that a little.
The problem is that there are a lot of options, but here is the basic
story:

For Netscape >= 2.0 or IE >=3.0, the minimal applet tag is:

  <APPLET CODE="webeq.Main" WIDTH=xxx HEIGHT=yyy>
  <PARAM NAME="parser" VALUE="mathml">
  <PARAM NAME="eq" VALUE="mathml (optionally without the <math> tags)">
  </APPLET>

or

  <APPLET CODE="webeq.Main" WIDTH=xxx HEIGHT=yyy>
  <PARAM NAME="parser" VALUE="mathml">
  <PARAM NAME="src" VALUE="filename">
  </APPLET>

Unfortunatly, there are obscure Java security conditions on the
location of the file (basically it must be in the directory with the
HTML or Java classes.