Re: What's the intent for ":"?

Using a literal on a leaf (to get desired speech) as opposed to a concept
name is a good point, one that I don't think I'm alone in forgetting. I did
a quick scan of the spec and it seems we don't specifically call that out.
I think an additional example would be particularly useful.

Your reminder that it should be a literal solves the problem for me. People
should probably use
   <mo intent='ratio'>:</mo>
and the AT should know what to speak (assuming "ratio" is a core concept).

I'm less sure "time" is an appropriate core concept name as I suspect it
could encompass dates and other time. Maybe that's ok, or maybe it's too
generic. I'd need to see a list of all the things it encompasses to know
whether it introduces ambiguity or not.

Although I can see the appeal of using an intent value of "_to:ratio", that
means almost all concepts can be properties. But concepts have arity and
airity doesn't exist on tokens. So a concept name and a property of the
same name differ. It seems like a can of worms. Of course, there is the can
of worms of why "ratio" on a leaf is ok, but assumedly (by me),
intent="transpose" (as opposed to "_transpose") on a "T" is not ok. The
devil is in the details...

    Neil