Re: Request for better script size and line height handling

Il 11/10/22 09:39, Frédéric WANG ha scritto:
> On 11/10/2022 09:27, Lorenzo Bertini wrote:
>> Il 11/10/22 08:51, Frédéric WANG ha scritto:
>>
>> Yes, MathML fonts are all correctly installed and i can switch between
>> them; they all render as they should. They also all show this kind of
>> behavior though, so I don't think I have the same problem as that bug.
>>
>> My problem is that the engine calculates new line vertical position
>> based on the lowest element of the previous line: the infamous
>> \psi_{f_{f}} pushes that new line very far. I'll attach a picture
>> worth a thousand words.
>>
>> Is there a way to tell the renderer not to reserve space for <math>
>> elements? It will do it if I wrap <math> in a <div< and then ask for
>> that.
>>
>> Best regards
>
> Thanks. I believe the MathML spec only defines what happens for the math
> formula and the box of the <math> would enclose the full content by
> default. So tweaking the CSS to force a different size seems the way to
> go. Otherwise using <mpadded> to reduce the height/depth might also work.

Thank you. However, I spent a good deal of time on tweaking CSS but
nothing seems to work: the calculated size of <math> components doesn't
change.

I don't even know who should I contact for this (gecko devs maybe?). But
at this point, with MathML behaving like this since forever, I'm
starting to think I'm the only one who is bothered by this. In that case
it's best to stick with the establishment.

Thanks anyway for your time

Lorenzo