Re: [EXTERNAL] Rendering multi-symbol variable names and OpenType math fonts

On 06/01/2022 21:45, Murray Sargent wrote:
> Interesting question. In my experience as a theoretical physicist,
> variables are single letters that may be adorned by primes, accents,
> subscripts and superscripts. Multicharacter function names like “sin”
> are not italicized. Can you give an example of a multicharacter
> /variable/?

in computer science and similar fields it's common to use math layout
but with long variable names , requiring \mathit as well as \mathrm, In
mathml to TeX conversions that I use I always end up using \mathrm or
\mathit (that is, a text font) for any multi-letter identifiers.

David

Disclaimer

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:
30 St. Giles, Oxford, OX1 3LE, United Kingdom.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business.