Re: Use ReSpec snapshots on GitHub Pages?

On 22/04/2022 15:16, Bert Bos wrote:
> Our GitHub repositories use the GitHub Pages service to serve the latest
> versions of documents in each repo. Currently, it serves exact copies of
> the documents, which are ReSpec source documents. The browser needs to
> run the ReSpec script to make a document readable.
>
> But it is also possible to let GitHub Pages run ReSpec on the server and
> serve the result. The advantage is that the document is more accessible.
> It also renders faster (and renders even in a browser without
> JavaScript).
>
> There is a recipe here:
>
>     https://w3c.github.io/spec-prod/#deploy-to-github-pages
>
> Shall we set GitHub up that way?
>

> Bert

Hi Bert,

Yes we probably should: I was also going to ask about setting up echidna
at some point for a more automated workflow generally (But I think we
could only do that for Core so far as we haven' made  a FPWD for mathml4 ?)

David

Disclaimer

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is: 30 St. Giles, Oxford, OX1 3LE, United Kingdom. Please see our Privacy Notice <https://www.nag.com/content/privacy-notice> for information on how we process personal data and for details of how to stop or limit communications from us.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses and malware by Microsoft Exchange Online (EOP)