Re: literals in intent?

Are you looking for literals nested inside a longer value? And why
"speech-oriented" - does that imply they have no reasonable semantic
counterpart? (Such as my "blob" example for the group operator cdot).

The "awkward nesting (2)" example in the tiny showcase is a decent
stress-test I think:
https://dginev.github.io/tiny-mathml-a11y-demo/

  <msub intent="median(index($1,$2))">
    <mover accent="true">