Re: [MathML 4] Add rules to map from non-combining to combining accents

On 04/11/2018 17:04, William F Hammond wrote:
> David Carlisle in part:
>
>> Syntax to be determined but something in the style of the existing
>> <surrogate mathvariant="bold" ref="U00041"/>
>> which maps the "holes" in the math alphabet blocks to the equivalent
>> bmp character.
>
> The holes in the math alphabet blocks represent missing *characters*
> in those blocks.  There are no equivalent BMP *characters*, so one is
> just borrowing *glyphs* from sporadic BMP characters, each of which arose
> earlier in the history of unicode for one or more special intentions.
>
>                                      -- Bill

yes I know, I just meant add a similar cross reference element in
unicode.xml, not that the specific details of the characters were the same.

David

Disclaimer

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business.