Re: Removal of the link to w3centities-f.ent....

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 16:23:35 +0000
To: Raghav V Karnam <raghav_vk@yahoo.com>, "www-math@w3.org" <www-math@w3.org>
On 14/11/2015 03:14, Raghav V Karnam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have the reference to this file w3centities-f.ent on w3.org url in
> our code heavily…
>         Public identifier: -//W3C//ENTITIES Combined Set//EN//XML
>         System identifier:
> http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/2007/w3centities-f.ent
> Since this morning this link to the file seems to be invalid. I am
> looking at changing the code to use this file locally…
> Is it possible to send a copy of this file? Or enable the link back on
> the server so I can download. I found couple of links but not sure of
> the authenticity of the file.
> Thanks
> --
> W3C Enthusiast....
> "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
> they just make the best of everything that comes along their way." efax
> : (208) 361-9687

Oh thanks for that report.

The master has been at github for a couple of months

https://github.com/w3c/xml-entities/tree/gh-pages/2007

However there are supposed to be redirects in place so the

http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/2007

link still works.

I'm travelling today but I'll report it to the W3C webmasters and
hopefully the old link will work again soon.

David

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Microsoft Office 365.