Re: update to xml entities draft

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 22:36:31 +0100
To: William F Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu>
CC: "www-math@w3.org" <www-math@w3.org>
On 22/06/2015 20:30, William F Hammond wrote:
> Was nothing done in unicode about the vacant slots in the
> various math character series, e.g., bbf, cal, frak, nor

If you mean the class="reserved" cells in for example
http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/2007doc/1D5.html
then I think Unicode sees those as a feature not a problem that
needs to be solved.

> about cal vs. script ?
No, I don't know what the prospects of getting anything done there are.
At least it seems that a convention for OpenType math fonts to have both
styles, using the same Unicode slots but distinguished by OpenType
stylistic features is developing.

David

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Microsoft Office 365.