Re: Is MathML really Dangerous?

Physikerwelt <wiki@physikerwelt.de> writes:

> Is there someone, who actually implemented a filter for
> MathML?  Maybe someone provides a CMS, where users can
> publish MathML code that is displayed after being
> filtered?

In the sense that blogware is in the CMS class, I would
point out that Google's blogger accepts HTML with MathML.

Jacques Distler of the University of Texas keeps a blog
called "Musings" using Movable Type that has explicit
comment about the use of MathML on its entrance page,
https://golem.ph.utexas.edu/~distler/blog/.  It's not so
active these days as it once was.

I certainly view HTML with MathML as much safer for web
browsers than HTML with Javascript.  The latter is
everywhere if only because of its use by advertisers.  More
than once I have had the experience of leaving open for
several hours a news article that was cycling through
advertisements, going for a walk, and returning to find the
computer's resources completely swamped.

                        -- Bill

---
William F Hammond
whammond@albany·edu