Re: Update to unicode.xml

From: Frédéric WANG <fred.wang@free.fr>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 16:33:32 +0200
To: www-math@w3.org
Le 03/07/2014 15:53, David Carlisle a écrit :
> Oh Ok that's simpler: don't fix the names in the file just mark then
> as set="historical"
> OK good plan!
Is there any update on this or a plan to lead to reliable set of LaTeX
mappings (in the last version of unicode.xml I still see some of the
errors I initially reported and no set="historical") ? As I see, the
unicode-math names are not really "standard" (whatever it means for
LaTeX), for example "GREEK SMALL LETTER ALPHA" is mapped by "\upalpha"
instead of the more traditional "\alpha". Just marking the legacy
mappings "historical" without fixing the errors, will not be very
helpful for someone willing to rely on this set.

--
Frédéric Wang
maths-informatique-jeux.com/blog/frederic