maxwidth and mtext

From: Daniel Marques <dani@wiris.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 16:24:10 +0200
To: www-math@w3.org
Hello all,

Just some doubts about mtext and maxwidth when the mtext is broader than
“maxwidth”. For example, given the following mathml,

<math maxwidth=’50px’>
                <mn>1000</mn>
                <mtext>This is a long comment</mtext>
</math>

My question is whether the result is something like:

(a)
1000 This is a long
comment

or

(b)
1000 This is a long
          comment

Note that in the second version (b), the “This” and “comment” are vertical
aligned on the left. I personally think that the first option (a) is
preferable because it is more flexible and because the second one can be
achieved, anyway, fixing the width to the mtext using, for example, css.

What do you think?

Dani, from wiris