Re: Displaystyle and mtable

Le 11/06/2014 18:11, David Carlisle a écrit :
> Although that's just a pointer not an exaustive list and anyway ends
> in (See the description for each element for the specific rules
> used.)  which covers everything:)
>
> Is this the part that you think should be clarified?  a minimal change
> being to say
>
> ... and the elements |mtable, mfrac|
> <http://www.w3.org/Math/draft-spec/mathml.html#chapter3_presm.mfrac>
> and |mroot|
> <http://www.w3.org/Math/draft-spec/mathml.html#chapter3_presm.mroot>,
I think Davide could say what was not clear, but IIUC this is indeed the
place where he says is inconsistent with the mtable automatically
setting displaystyle to false.

Now that you point out that the schema and attribute table says that the
default value is false, I think however that there is no confusion possible.

(Another possible issue is that other mstyle attributes do not follow
the standard CSS inheritance model, so if you wrongly apply this to
mtable & displaystyle one can interpret that displaystyle on a parent
override the default displaystyle value on mtable. Personally, I'm in
favor of removing all these mstyle attributes as was done in Gecko, so
that everybody understands how mstyle inheritance works)