Re: Displaystyle and mtable

Le 11/06/2014 14:18, Davide P. Cervone a écrit :
> I think this is a misreading. Because of the surrounding <mstyle>, the
> <mtable> has displaystyle="true" in the same way that the <mi> in
> even though it is not explicitly on that element. At least that is how
> I read it, and that is why MathJax treats it that way.
I don't think the mathvariant example is really relevant here, because
of the remark "Note also that the difference between inherited and
non-inherited attributes set by |mstyle|, explained above, only matters
when the attribute is set on some element within the |mstyle|'s contents
that has descendants also setting it. Thus it never matters for
attributes, such as |mathsize|, which can only be set on token elements
(or on |mstyle| itself). "

Here displaystyle belongs to the first group, with values inherited from
the surrounding context and mtable modifies that value to false. For
example, MathJax sets the displaystyle value to false here and mtable
does not take the attribute value from the mstyle ancestor. So mfrac as
indeed modified the value to false.

<math>
       <mstyle displaystyle="true">
         <mfrac>
           <mtable>
             <mtr>
               <mtd>
                 <munder>
                   <mo>&Sum;</mo>
                   <mi>x</mi>
                 </munder>
               </mtd>
             </mtr>
           </mtable>
           <mn>2</mn>
         </mfrac>
       </mstyle>
     </math>

--
Frédéric Wang
maths-informatique-jeux.com/blog/frederic