Re: Questions about indentshift

They aren't the same because indentalign="auto", and MathPlayer (which
generated the image) indents based on the depth in the expression tree at
the point on the alignment. I've attached two images, one with indentalign
equal to  "auto" and one with it equal to "left". With "left", you'll  see
that they are indented the same amount.

As I said in my earlier email, the test would have been clearer if
identalign="left" so auto indenting didn't enter into the mix. I've set the
background to a color in the attached images so you can see the edges.

I hope this is clearer now.

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor ~