Re: New menclose notation coming in MathML 3, 2nd edition

Le 06/09/2013 16:49, David Carlisle a écrit :
> On 06/09/2013 09:12, Frédéric WANG wrote:
>
> Since you'd presumably want to implement these with css font changes
> anyway, one possibility would be to standardise separately (in a note,
> say) css class names for mathml, so
>
> <mi class="calligraphic" mathvariant="script">C</mi>
>
>  (I don't know, just first thoughts)
>
> David
> [speaking for myself not for the working group]
Thanks David. I've done some experiments today and it seems possible to
access these glyphs via the experimental font-feature-settings CSS
property. For example, this works for me in Gecko:

       .oldstyle {
         font-family: STIX;
         -moz-font-feature-settings: 'onum';
       }
       .variant {
         font-family: STIX;
         -moz-font-feature-settings: 'ss03';
       }

<math>
<mn class="oldstyle">0123456789</mn>
<mo class="variant">|&#x2205;|</mo>
</math>

MathJax already generates specific CSS classes (for example
MJX-tex-oldstyle, MJX-tex-calligraphic or MJX-variant). So perhaps it is
up to the MathML generators to create the appropriate
font-feature-settings...