Re: Arrows in menclose needed?

On 19/06/2013 11:31, Frédéric WANG wrote:
> Rather than arrows, I guess the real question is how much is needed to
> implement cancelto since the need for arrows did not appear until now
> (or perhaps some people really want all the arrow notations?):
Also, the menclose element is used to draw something around/over an
expression. So adding arrow notations would only be to strike this
expression like in the cancelto case (one can still use "normal" text to
draw arrows in token elements). The package documentation does give much
indication about how this notation is used and how popular it is, but it
is interesting to note the feeling of the author:

"Drawing slashes through math to indicate “cancellation” is poor design.
I don’t recommend that you use this package at all"

So it does not really seem essential to add more notation beside
updiagonalstrike, which has a concrete use case...

--
Frédéric Wang
maths-informatique-jeux.com/blog/frederic