Re: Entity files' references in mathml3 dtd

On 25/06/2012 21:38, Eduardo Tabacman wrote:
 > In the mathml3.dtd file I see that the entity files are referenced
 > like this (for instance):
 >
 > <!ENTITY % isobox PUBLIC "-//W3C//ENTITIES Box and Line Drawing//EN"
 > "entities/isobox.ent">
 >
 > but the entity files themselves have comments saying their public
 > identifiers should end with //XML:
 >
 > <!--
 >
 > Public identifier: -//W3C//ENTITIES Box and Line Drawing//EN//XML
 > System identifier: http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/2007/isobox.ent
 >
 > The public identifier should always be used verbatim. The system
 > identifier may be changed to suit local requirements.
 >
 > Typical invocation:
 >
 > <!ENTITY % isobox PUBLIC "-//W3C//ENTITIES Box and Line
 > Drawing//EN//XML" "http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/2007/isobox.ent"
 >>
 > %isobox;
 >
 > -->
 >
 > The mathml3.dtd seems to be wrong here (I think the identifiers used
 > to be without //XML before)...  right?

Oooh either way that's a bug. Thanks for reporting it.

The mathml2 ones didn't end in //XML as you say. I think the //XML got
added while merging things with the ISO 9573 sources, but the mathml3
dtd generation hasn't been updated, sorry. I'll update mathml3.dtd
unless someone speaks up and says that isn't the correct fix.

David
[note dev-tech-mathml@lists.mozilla.org is the list for the mozilla
implementation, not really for general MathML bug reports. I have  added
www-math@w3.org to the CC list so the bug is on public record there.]