RE: Draft Node: Fill in the Blank

Comments below.

Yes.

> > Perhaps we'd want to be able to use a single content expression for
> more than one of these purposes as an optimization. There might be
> recommendations to the user to implement JavaScript that hides or
> removes the prompt when the answer is non-empty.
>
> To the implementor, right?

Yes.

> > What did you mean by "in-browser comparison"?
>
> If we allow several expressions associated to a blank then it also
> makes sense to allow one that allows the recipient user-agent (e.g. a
> web-page with some javascript) to compare the user-input with the one
> (given some flexibility).

So this would be the "correct answer" typically, right? I imagine that some won't want to use that as it would be open to cheating by anyone that can View Source on the page. Still, that's probably not a reason to omit it.

> My concern now is whether it is good to allow multiple children. From
> this discussion it sounds unavoidable. And if we do so, how do we
> markup so that renderers that are unaware of this note still render
> something partially useful?

Can we not tell page authors to use CSS in the page source HTML to hide those parts that should not be visible?