Re: How does your MathML application use the <semantics> tag?

Thanks -- I forgot about that.

MathType has the ability for users to specify not just how an expression
looks, but also how it is spoken with MathPlayer.  This can be done with a
preference (choosing between different ways of saying things like saying
for fraction "over" or "per" or "ordinal" (two thirds) if they wish to
override the default.  Or it can be done by specifying the exact speech to
use.  Both use:
<annotation encoding="DSIPairs">

Here are two examples:
<annotation encoding="DSIPairs">
#ns=ETSSpeech;
Fraction=Over;
</annotation>

<annotation encoding="DSIPairs">
#ns=DSIExactSpeech;
#range=0;
SpeechText=2 to the [rate 50][pause 500] b  [endrate] and no more [pause
500];
</annotation>

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor ~