Re: MathML mfenced tag issue with using angle brackets in MathPlayer and MathJax

saf sied <saf_itpro@yahoo.com> writes:

> mfenced tag does not work when using angle bracket from the left and
> using any of the following brackets from the right: ], ) or
> }. However, it works if right side is a vertical bar.

Re IE.htm

As Davide pointed out, there are failures of well-formedness.  I see
both improperly formed closetags and redundant instances of </m:mrow>.
While you have set up "m:" as prefix for the MathML namespace,
which forces the page to be understood as XML, you have not flagged
the html namespace.  Without that the HTML markup may not be
recognized and is not be recognized in my copy of Firefox.

I have re-worked the example in three different ways at
http://www.albany.edu/dept/math-stat/hammond/mathml-misc/

wwwmIE.xhtml -- basically yours with fixes
wwwmIE.html  -- html5 with mathml (namespaces and prefixes gone)
wwwmMJ.html  -- the same html5 with mathml wired for MathJax

All three work in Firefox 11.  The mathjax version should work in all
browsers.  The xhtml version will work in IE-8 if MathPlayer is
installed and has dominion over the xhtml mimetype.  Only the mathjax
version will work in Google Chrome (sadly the webkit support for mathml
has not been enable in Google Chrome -- no wonder Johnny can't do math).

                                    -- Bill