Re: Wanted: MathML examples for use testing of MathML to speech

Hi Jonathan,

SBML (the Systems Biology Markup Language, http://www.sbml.org) uses
content MathML for expressing the equations in its models of biological
pathways (reactions, etc).   If you are happy to extract the equations
from the rest of the SBML-XML, then you can get loads of models from
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/biomodels-main/.   Ditto for CellML -
http://models.cellml.org/cellml.

We use content MathML for the equations in SimileXML (the XML format for
Simile continuous-systems models, mainly used for ecological modelling:
http://www.simulistics.com/).   You can see a collection of models at
http://www.plasmo.ed.ac.uk/ - go to 'Browse Models' and look at those
with Format: SimileXMLv3.   Some equations in these models will be
rather more complex than those in the SBML/CellML collection, but still
only the subset of MathML needed for representing algebraic
expressions.   Again, you will have to extract the MathML from the
SimileXML documents.

Cheers,
Robert

On 29/09/11 15:45, J.Fine wrote:
> Hi David
>
> Thank you for the suggestions.
>
>> http://www.w3.org/Math/testsuite/build/main/overview.html
>>
>> is perhaps the obvious place to start.
> These are mainly aimed at testing browsers.  I want input examples for testing speech output.  However, they might be useful if only I could download them and use them with an open-source license.
>
>> Of if you want more
>> realistic examples in context, any pages out of
>>
>> http://dlmf.nist.gov/
> Again, I can't download them.  I did try a search: http://dlmf.nist.gov/search/search?q=download
>
> Just to clarifiy, at the first instance I'm looking for things like FOIL expansion, fractions, expressions containing words, basic differentiation and so forth.  My concern is to produce speech text that is useful for visually disabled students.
>
> With best regards
>

> Jonathan

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.