Re: Namespaced RDFa attributes make RDFa more compatible with math markup

On 27/10/2011 15:26, Christian Lerch wrote:
> As far as I understand the specs
> <http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-xhtml-author-guide/#attribute-level-namespaces>
>  (which is still work in progress) this would not be a problem in
> polyglot markup, if |xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"|
> would be a predefined (they call it "undeclared") attribute-level
> namespace. But it isn't: the only predefined attribute-level
> namespace so far is |xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink".
> Maybe someone with insider connctions can route this input to the
> ongoing specification work?
>
> Regards,
>
> Christian |

xlink: is only allowed because of legacy usage (and only in "foreign
content" ie mathml or svg) I would think there is next to no possibility
of adding more namespace support to html with its current working group,
although someone is welcome to try:-)

However it would be pretty odd to use xhtml-namespaced attributes in an
xhtml context anyway so I don't think we should ask for that. The
request to allow namespaced attributes was (as far as I understand it)
to allow rdfa to be used with other unrelated markup languages that
might otherwise have clashing attribute names.

David