Re: Where can I find numerical codes for all LATEX Mathematical symbols

On 18/02/2011, at 7:53 PM, David Carlisle wrote:

> On 17/02/2011 23:10, Will Robertson wrote:
>> Note that these are almost entirely defined through the work of the STIX project,
>
> Yes the latex names in unicode.xml are also refined by the stix data, but it's a while since I checked that all the latex assignments follow the latest Unicode additions as in recent years the main focus of unicode.xml has been the xml entity definitions. (Originally it was the reference source for Sebastian's jadetex project, and so predates the stix data.:-)

Ah, I should have known that, thanks.
(Perhaps I already did, at one stage.)

I seem to recall that last time I checked unicode.xml, (which again might not reflect the current state of things) Barbara had added many more names to her own table. Not that I'm saying unicode.xml necessary needs to be comprehensive in this area especially as things are still a little unstable.

I've spoken at one stage with some ConTeXt/LuaTeX people about creating a "master" table (written in Lua of course) from which all such tables could be derived according to their purpose. Didn't exactly go anywhere at the time but the idea is lingering.

-- Will